Thursday, December 3, 2009

Should I play J/V or Varsity Basketball?

I'm going to be a sophomore next year, and my J/V coach said I'll be the captain. I'll probably average about 15-18 points and get a lot of playing time. The varsity coach called me and told me that i'll be 8th man on the varsity team. What should I do? Be the leader on J/V or get a good experience my sophomore year on varsity? Also, whats better for college?



HELP!



Should I play J/V or Varsity Basketball?nba 2k8





This really is a very tough question, except that you say you want to playcollegeball, because of this I say go with the varsity offer. You will be playing in practice against better, stronger players, learning your varsity system. On the other hand 15-18ppg is a lot of fun. I played JV as a freshman and when two guys moved up half way through the season I became the star of the JV, honestly I never had as much fun again. As a soph I rode the bench on varsity but got to practice against some tough (and mean) players much stronger than me, they seemed to hate me for being tall but weak, but by the time I was a senior (and I started as a junior) I was dangerous everyone was afraid of me because I came after anyone who tried to intimidate me or who out played me even for a few minutes. I would not have been so hard nosed (I never did get real strong it was all about attitude and determination) if I had not been humiliated in practice by those upperclassmen in practice. Never made acollegeteam so maybe I should have had fun and starred on JV as a Soph. I would not even consider the minutes as an 8th man on varsity its the practice time that will help most.



Should I play J/V or Varsity Basketball?nba mvp ,nba teams



this happened to me 2 years ago. honestly you have to do the smarter choice. play jv and play every minute every game.



if the varsity coach likes you and you play jv this year then it wont hurt your chances to start your junior year.



you get better by playing and thats what jv will do for you plus you will have to learn to be a leader on the team.



it worked for me. i mean i was captain and mvp and ave. 18 ppg 12 rpg and 30 mpg so i mean next year on varsity i was offered the startig spot because i was the best player. whether i played varsity last year or not.



trust me. the expirience you'll get being on the court for the jv team is too good to pass up.
Varsity for 3 reasons:



1. Better competition level, the speed of the game is different,even in practice you benefit from being on varsity.



2. Exposure to Colleges and Universities. Last time I checked College coaches don't go to JV games, and the exposure may give opportunities to play in summer camps and allow to gain more exposure and experience. JV won't do that for you.



3. Play with the Best. If you can be a leader on JV then you have what it takes be a leader on Varsity. Leadership isn't about who gets to talk to ref's before tip off, its about your work ethic and the examples you set. You can be leader on varsity and not be a team captain. Thats what makes good teams Great.
This is a no-brainer. By all means play. On JV you get the experience of leader and a lot of the plays will focus around you. Being the 8th man on varsity probably will mean that you'll get about 6-10 minutes per game - not much PT to develop your skills in games. Consider this too - most of your limited minutes will be played against guys who are older and probably better than you. That means you will meet with a lot of failure and when that happens, your coach will probably just yank you out and sit you back on the bench. If you would look at the varsity experience as a learning tool for next year it might work. But I doubt your coach will want to look at it as a learning experience. It is likely that he wants to win now.
If you are the best player on JV then you need to do Varsity especially since the coach has asked you to. Gain more experience playing with players better than you.
well if you really wanna ply he whole game, then go with JV. with varsity, you're not gonna get much time cuz your gonna be like a rookie. but colleges will lov the fact you were on varsity in 10th
Go to varsity.........You won't play as much but you will be much better. You can't get better playing with your equals or people that are not as talented as you. You need to play people that are quicker and bigger then you.....you will step up your play after awhile.
JV.....do varsity next year. Be a leader. You might be the leader on varsity next year.
Depends on your development.If you continue to work hard, be Captain of the JV.Really the team that will play you more.
VARSITY!!!!!! WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!!!



No, do the Varsity team. Seriously. Cuz then you'll probably start junior and senior year. If you don't, then you'll prob be like 6-7th man junior year. do it!!!! VARSITY!!!!! LISTEN TO ME!!!!!
u should probably play j/v to get ready for varsity in your junior and senior year thats what im doing but if your really nice you can play varsity if you want to and also Duke is the bestcollegethats where im going and they need some talent since j.j. Reddick and Josh Mcroberts left
A reputation as a captain is good. Especially if you push and use it for better practice. Think about it. What looks better on an app. J/V captain, averages 20 points per game and leads her team. Or Sophomore is on varsity, average playing time 5 minutes, 5 points per games.



One more year in J/V practice your hardest, and then join Varsity your Junior year.
be on JV. u wanna be the captain and lead your team, but if you feel u must, then play varsity. playing varsity will help u better off forcollegescouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
beaded necklace