Thursday, December 3, 2009

The highschool basketball coach is benching my daughter.?

Hello I need some advise before I call my daughters coach. She has been playing since 7th grade she is now a junior and plays good. She deserves to play and plays better than a freshman that is playing over her. This is clearly wrong to myself and others. My daughter needs to play ball, we hope some scholarship money will help her get through college. I have contacted the Athletic Director and says the player should have a meeting with the coach, we have done this. It has not helped and now he is planing to send her to JV, she played JV since 9th grade. My opionion is shared by many that my daughter is a very good player. I need some advise in approching this matter.



The highschool basketball coach is benching my daughter.?sporting goods





You should make sure you understand everyone's point of view on this, Not just your own. Talk once again to the coach and clearly explain your point of view to him and listen to his.



The highschool basketball coach is benching my daughter.?nba hall of fame ,nba teams



If she was significantly better, then she would be playing; either she steps up her game or get her to another school. Interfering with sports by talking with the coach and the AD about getting her playing time will only aggravate the teammates (I would hate to play alongside someone who got playing time because mom or dad complained to the coach or AD) and aggravate the coach.



She needs to use this as a chip on her shoulder, as motivation. Remember, Michael Jordan was CUT from varsity, and came back the next year as their best player.



Of course everyone that you talk to will say your daughter is a very good player; try asking people what her weaknesses are... and hopefully you'll get more honesty.



I would have hated for my mom or dad to have been the ones to "EARN" my playing time for me.
Sounds like a wimpy A.D. - he should meet with you, your daughter and the coach to determine why he feels your daughter needs to play JV, and what she needs to work on. I know in our school, kids who are on the border of JV and Varisty may not get alot of varisty play time, but they play all of the JV games . THey suit up for varsity and go in as needed (even if they don't start). That way the kids still get to play and improve, even if they don't get much varsity game play time. Know what I mean?



Good luck - that is really disappointing - but make them at least work with you on this. Let them know of your daughter's goals forcollegeand basketball, too. .
deserve? here we go again. in sports the best player plays whether they have been on the team 10 minuets or 10 years. don't be a parent who loves their kid so much that they are willing to overlook the truth. stats speak the loudest in sports plain and simple and no offense but to count on scholarship money is foolish and leading your kid down the wrong path as well. you would have been better served trying to help your kid win a scholarship based on academics rather than sports. good luck with your family and yourself.
as a former high school athlete I say make sure your daughter has not done something to anger the coach i.e. being lazy in practice. If not you seriously have to be objective this is a hard concept for parents but maybe the freshman is just better than your daughter I know that's hard as a parent but the coach has to do what is best for the team
Not much you can do. Sounds like the coach is a big d-bag. My only suggestion is that when your daughter does play, make sure she is playing better than that freshman girl. I don't know much about the school she goes to but I know that in many schools there is often lots of politics involved with these types of situations. It could be anything from that the freshman girls parents go out drinking on fridays with the coach, to maybe your girl just isn't that good. All in all, it sounds like she's not having very much fun. D-bag coaches are no fun for anyone.
tell your daughter to work harder in practice and catch the coaches eye
Hmmm, sounds exactly like the situation my girlfriend is going through. She too is a high school junior and is getting looked at bycollegescouts, mostly good D-2 schools and some D-1 schools. Most of the seniors on the team arent playing basketball incollegeand are playing over her. It really is a shame because she is a damn good basketball player (she better be at 5'10''). I'm sure your daughter can play just as well. My suggestion is take everything one step at a time. A lot can happen during a year, injuries happen, breakout games. Maybe your daughter will get a chance. If she doesnt by the end of the year maybe you should think of a transfer to another school for her senior year. If she wants to play basketball incollegemake sure she gets heavily involved in off-season AAU. Make her known, have her emailcollegecoaches and send schedules for her AAU team. Just be patient. High school coaches are very narrow minded, tunnel vision, they see things the way they want to see them.



I'm a senior this year and went through the same thing last year. I'm a baseball player, I've been playing for 13 years. I've been an all-star every year of my life. I play legion baseball, I've played AAU baseball, I'm getting recruited by D-1 colleges, and yet I dont play for my high school team. As a junior last year, I SPLIT time at JV, didnt even start, I split time. This year as a senior I'll probably get the same treatment. The only thing I have going for me is legion baseball during the summer and a legion coach who cares. He's helping me to get my name out to colleges. Hopefully your daugther's AAU coach can be of some help.



Hopefully this helped, good luck and god bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
beaded necklace